How To Set Up Samsung Pay: Samsung Pay is another digital wallet and mobile payment service. It is powered by Samsung Electronic Incorporation and allows users to make payments using compatible Samsung phones as well as other Samsung-produced devices.
This service allows for contactless payments using near-field communications and also supports magnetic stripe only payment terminals by incorporating a magnetic secure transmission to ensure that there is security.
Benefits Of Samsung Pay – How To Set Up Samsung Pay
- It is one of the most widely used digital wallet, among others such as; Apple Pay and Android Pay.
- It is available only on Samsung phones and is readily available on Google playstore.
- It makes use of Near field Communications (NFC)- a type of radio wave that allows secure credit card data transmission from a mobile device to a point of sale (POS) system. And also uses MST- Magnetic secure transmission which utilizes magnetic stripe of older POS systems for secure data transmission. So if you POS is not updated to receive EMV-enabled Chip Card devices, it will likely accept Samsung Pay. However, new Samsung Galaxy phones can use Samsung Pay digital wallet.
- The Samsung digital wallet enables users to store reward cards received just like a credit card keeps information. It also offers rewards for qualifying Purchase which are not only on customer favorites stores but also extra incentives to use at checkout.
- It contains new features that allow credit card payments to be authenticated by fingerprints and Pin, and other features such as iris recognition technology that scans and recognizes the unique patterns of people’s iris.
- It is a comfortable way to carry transactions because it is all done on the phone.
Steps On How To Set Up Samsung Pay
- Download the Samsung Pay App from Google Playstore and open it.
- Log into your Samsung Account. (If you don’t have one, a prompt link will be made available for you to quickly create one)
- Set up your preferred verification method for your screen and it can either be fingerprints or a PIN.
- Tap on the ‘Next’ icon.
- Tap on the ‘Add’ icon and enter your bank card information.
- Agree after reading the terms of service.
- You are then prompted to choose to verify card method, you can enter your bank digit for verification if you’re the rightful owner if the account. You must then tell the bank the right means for confirmation be it by email, SMS or call Bank.
- Enter the verification code that the bank sends to you.
- Sign your name into the blue box and tap on the “save” icon.
- Tap on “Done” next.
- Your Samsung Pay app will pop up on your screen once the e-wallet is ready.