If you’re a TikTok video producer, your comment area can be really aggravating, especially if someone completely misinterprets what you’ve said (to say the least). You could respond with a text message or make a new video, but TikTok now offers a third option: you can respond to your remarks using video rather than words.
To add a video to comment on one of your existing TikTok videos:
- Tap on the comment you want to reply to.
- If you have the ability to reply using a video, you’ll see an icon of a video camera on the left side of the field. Tap that icon. You can also press and hold the comment you want to reply to.
- Record your video as usual.
- If you wish, you can have the comment that your video is replying to attached to that video. This will allow anyone who views your video separately to see what you’re responding to.
- Post the video as usual.
- Your video will be available both in the comments section (of the video you’ve commented on) and on your own page.
Got it? If not, TikTok has a video showing how it works: