Facebook Live Radio Station allows users to broadcast and share live radio directly to Facebook. It can be used to share with everyone who too can join in on the conversation by using a live written feed.
Requirements for Facebook Live Radio Set Up
These are things that you need to have to be able to use the Facebook Live Radio Station
- An Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) on a computer (it can be a Mac or a Window) using the aforementioned Software. Alternatively, you can also download and install OBS c for your computer.
- An active Facebook page (you can create one here) to is a major requirement.
- A good internet connection provider that is reliable especially when you will be streaming video and audio. The connection should be able to upload at a constant speed of between 5 to 10mbps.
After getting all that was mentioned above, you can now move to the next step of setting up the Live Radio.
Setting up OBS for Streaming – Facebook Live Radio
Once the OBS installed on your computer a default view will be shown that will require you to create a scene and start to add your webcams and audio inputs.
The scene mentioned above will act as a collection of your video and audio. This means that you can also create multiple scenes, for the various angles and audio inputs you may use. You are to create just one scene for one broadcast, then add a video feed ( a webcam) and the output from the mixing desk where you can have tools like; a few microphones and a music source.
You can create your first scene by adding sources:
Begin by tapping the + button in the sources box, thereafter, you will have an option with a list of options to pick from; you should choose the Video Capture Device.
Give the device any name you choose.
After tapping on OK, pick your video device from the drop-down list and tap on the “OK” icon.
You have successfully added a webcam to the video space and you will resize the video and position it any way you think best by clicking and dragging it around.
The next thing you are required to do is set up the audio input, which is like the video input. Tap on the + icon and tap on the Audio Input Capture.
The next page allows you to choose the audio device you want to use. This could well be a built-in mic or external mic from a mixer. Tap on “OK” to get it added to the scene.
Be creative with your videos by getting some personality fused into your video. Add your station’s logo in image source from the + menu.
How to Create Live Video on Your Facebook Page
- Log in to your Facebook page.
- Choose Publishing Tools at the top scroll bar. On the left menu, tap on the video Library option in the video section.
- Tap on the + Live icon at the top right corner to start your video set up. You can choose one of two options, the first, being a “Single Field” and second is a “Separate Field”. It is more ideal since you are using OBS, that you copy the text in the Stream Key box under separate Fields.
- Take note, the link copied here can only go for this live video.
Adding Stream to OBS
The stream key you have copied will help you navigate back to OBS. In the main window, tap on the “Settings” icon found on the right- hand side. A window will pop up and you should tap on “stream” icon. Next, change the service drop-down menu to “Facebook Live” and get the key inserted into the “Stream Key” space.
Then tap on “OK” icon to save the changes. Finally, scroll back to your Facebook video to complete the set up before you go live.
Completing the Video Set up
If the window is still open, with the Single and Separate Fields, tap on “Next” icon to get the option to add a title and tags to your video. You can set up Audience Restrictions to specify age, range, location, and languages.
If you are ready to connect, go back to OBS and tap on the “Start Streaming” icon. This will let OBS connect to Facebook after 30 seconds depending on your internet speed. A preview will appear once you are connected.
Tap on the “Go Live” icon on Facebook to start or you can schedule the live video for later if you want to prepare ahead to make it better.
Once you click on the “Go Live” icon your audience can then tune in to enjoy your broadcasts. You can see the number of people watching the broadcast live. Your video will be made available in your video library once you complete the broadcast. This allows you to share the video with listeners who were no online during the live broadcast.
You can now use the broadcast feature freely and connect with listeners live.