Google Listing is the business listing found in Google map and it is displayed at the top or at the middle of Google first page search results. It shows up when searchers look for a keyword accompanied by the name of a city.
The Google local listings are different from the organic results that appear on searches and it is sponsored pay per click. Google Listing permits people to register business only in the town or city, where they have a physical address.
Google Listing Advantages
- It is a free web service and business owners do not need money to use it.
- With the millions that use Google search engine daily, it is a good avenue for your business and what it offers to reach the most people possible.
- You can use listings to build an online presence for your business. This gives authority online and welcomes the more local review. It enables the business icon to appear in Google Maps and your business can rank higher in local business packs.
How to Get Free Listing on Google
- Go to Google My Business
- Tap on the “Get on Google” icon.
- Enter your Business Name and Address in the box provided.
- Select Add Your Business.
- Tap on your business listing if it appears among the suggested matches that appear. If it does not appear, tap on the “Add your Business” icon, and provide the required information.
- Google then needs to verify your business, to ensure it is located in the same address you provided. Therefore, you will have to wait for one to two weeks for a postcard with a verification PIN to arrive. After that, you will be given options to receive your PIN by either text message or automated phone call.
- You can now confirm your business after the postcard arrives and set up a Google+ Page, which is the first step in Local Search Optimization.
How to Edit Google Listing
- Log into “Google My Business” with your details. (Make sure you are using the card view)
- Select the listing you manage.
- Tap on the “Info” icon from the menu.
- Tap on the section you want to change and thereafter enter the new information in the box that pops up.
- Finally, tap on the “Apply” icon to affect your changes.
The major objective of Google Listing is to give business visibility. It does this through various means and helps businesses reach local customers easily.