How to Join Facebook Group: A Facebook group is a feature on the platform that allows users to come together because of a come interest or cause. Members of a group can share ideas and thoughts with each other within the space and also share files.
Types of Facebook Groups
Closed Groups: Closed groups gives all the opportunities a group gives to users and it also allows the group admin to block others from seeing discussions that go on in the group and posts cannot be seen too.
Public Groups: Public groups allows Facebook users who are not part of the group to see posts in it.
Secret Groups: Secret groups are like closed groups but additionally they do not show up in searches. This group is advisable for small businesses.
How to Join a Facebook Group on Mobile
- Tap on the search bar space at the top of your Facebook home page.
- Type in the group name or a keyword ( a word or phrase in which you are interested), then tap on the “search” icon. Once this is done the Facebook search will reveal accounts, pages, places, and groups that match your search or contains content on your keyword.
- Tap on the “Groups” icon at the top of the search results.
- You can tap on the “Join” icon next to a group you want to be a member of. Your request will be sent and one of the group’s admins will have to accept it for you to become a member and gain membership benefits..
How to Join a Facebook Group on Desktop
- Open the Facebook network with a browser by visiting Facebook.com
- Type in your email address (or phone number) and password to log into your account.
- Tap on the search bar found at the top of the Facebook page.
- Enter the name of a group that you desire to join or keywords (or a related word or phrase). Then, tap the search icon which is in form of a magnifying glass on the right side of the search bar.
- From the results that show up, tap on the “Groups” icon that is located at the upper right corner of the search results page. This will display any groups related to your search
- Tap on the “Join” icon next to a group to send a request to one of the group’s admins and await the acceptance.
In the case of public groups, you can have access to the group’s posts before you are accepted but cannot interact with post and members yet.
Facebook groups offer unlimited benefits to users when they find the best group for their interests.