Change Facebook Password: Facebook users and generally all accounts owners are advised that in order to keep their account secure and their information safe, they need to regularly change their passwords.
Sometimes, hackers may try to break into an account and may prompt the owner to change their former password. Reasons for changing passwords vary and changing Facebook password is not a strange development.
Why Change Facebook Password?
- To keep your account safe, from those who may want to have access to it there may need to create a new password.
- You may want to change your password from a simple common word to a harder to guess complex one or vice-versa.
- People who run business accounts that involve money will need to change their passwords to make it safer.
Facebook passwords have a minimum length of six characters. This gives enough options for you to select a complex mix of numbers, alphabets and punctuation marks when trying to set up the password.
Though it is advised that passwords should be as complex as it can be possible to make to deflect efforts of hackers, it is also good to make them simple to remember because we will always need it to access our account.
The need for passwords cannot be overemphasized as well as the need to keep changing it as regularly as each month or two, the steps mentioned below will go a long way in helping you.
How to Change Facebook Password
- On your home page, tap on the small arrow located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu that pops up.
- On the new page that opens, tap on the “Security and Login” icon.
- After this scroll down to the Login section, and tap on the “Change Password” icon.
- You will be required to enter your current password that is in use to confirm that you are the owner of the account.
- Facebook also suggests that the new password you enter is a strong and complex one and you have to reenter it to show that you know it and are able to recall it.
- Tap on the “Save Changes” icon to save the new password.
Congratulations! You have just successfully strengthened the safety of your account. From after you completed the last step above, your password has been immediately changed and the new one is what you will need to access the account anytime you need to.