Because a statement is stronger with a gesture than without, Facebook Smileys are able to give posts, comments and replies more power.
The smileys come mostly looking like human expressions so they can be used to express thoughts in more manifest ways than just plain statements. They express moods too and make interactions more lively and colourful.
Types of Facebook Smileys
They come in various forms and expressions. Some commonly used ones are:
- Curly lips
- Chris Putnam
How to Use Facebook Smileys
Facebook smileys are constantly being amended and new ones are being created. Recently access to this Smileys have been made very much easier than in past years. Some ways to use them to show feelings are as follows:
To Add It To a Status Update
Drop down menu has been added to make it easier to use Smileys in status update boxes.
- To start: make a new status update click in the textbox like any normal post. It can be left blank if it is just a Smiley that is needed for the update.
- Tap on the small happy face icon at the bottom right of the textbox space.
- A new pop-up is shown and you are free to select the Smiley that depicts what you want to pass along. You can either scroll through the multitude of smiley collection available or to save time it can be viewed category by category by tapping on the bottom of the pop-up menu.
- Once you are done selecting tap on the little happy face icon again to close the menu and make your post by tapping on the “post” icon.
(The posts can be updated and edited to add or remove text and also to replace Smileys if needed).
There are Smileys that are exclusive to the Desktop version of Facebook and they may not be available in the app on mobile. Yet, the app has numerous Smileys that can be picked to make expressions clear.
How to use Facebook Smileys in Facebook Comments and Private Messages
Using smileys is not limited to Status updates and it is possible to use them when making comments on posts and also while engaging in Private chats with friends, here is how to do it:
- Tap on the comment box.
- Tap on the small smiling face icon that appears to the right of the comment box. This opens the smiley menu.
- Select any Smiley of your choice by tapping on it and it will appear on the comment box.
- Once done, tap on the small smiling face icon again to close the opened menu. Texts can be added to the comment and can come nothing before or after the Smiley, this is optional and comments can be made without typing.
- Use the “Enter” key to post the comment to the post.
Facebook Smileys ensures that opinions are better expressed. Use them today to add colour to your Facebook experience and make it more lively and fun.